- Volcanic rock substrate as stable foundation for rock and root wood constructions: dedicated substrate for aquascaping aquariums
- Basis substrate for natural aquariums: porous volcanic rock ensures water circulation at the bottom. Supplies plant roots with organic plant nutrients
- Vigorous plant growth: ideal oxygen supply and circulation through open-pored structure. Long-term supply with nutrients and minerals
- Safe foundation, no slipping: volcanic rock becomes firmly interlocked. Ideally suited for a firm foundation
- Contents: 1 bag ProScape Volcano Mineral
Aquascaping is the term used for designing aquarium landscapes. This is where plant compositions, reproductions of landscapes above water or natural biotopes are created. An aquascaping aquarium contains no or few fish and invertebrates. This way the nutrient supply for plants is reduced and their growth is limited. Nitrogens, phosphorus and other minerals become scarce substances and need controlled and exact re-dosing. For healthy growth in their beautiful underwater landscape the plants need light, CO2 and the right nutrients.
The highly porous volcanic rock fulfils important functions in an aquascaping aquarium: Firstly it forms a stable foundation for further rock constructions and/or root wood, which would otherwise slip downwards through the soil. Secondly many beneficial bacteria settle inside the porous structure. The porousness of the rock structure also enables the nutrient to penetrate it and it thus supplies numerous minerals enabling the plants to take root and grow well inside it.
The calculation formula for the right amount of substrate is: length (cm) x width (cm) x height (cm): 1000 = litres JBL ProScape VolcanoMineral